Upgrade to Magento 2.4.5
Magento version 2.4.5 has a myriad of improvements in platform quality, payment methods, GraphQL caching performance, and accessibility. From the new google analytics integrated modules to the hundreds of fixed issues to the Magento core code, there are valuable upgrades in this update for all merchants.
Security has always been a high priority with Adobe. This upgrade comes packed with 20 new security features and platform improvements in compliance with the latest security best practices, including:
- reCAPTCHA support has been added to the Wish List Sharing, Create New Customer Account, and Gift Card forms
- Inventory now includes ACL resources.
- Enhancements to inventory template security
- Upgraded MaliciousCode filter to use the HtmlPurifier library
This upgrade includes platform enhancements centered around compatibility and ease of use features for developers. Some of the platform enhancements are:
- Magento OS 2.4.5 now supports Composer 2.2
- Support for jQueryUI 1.13.1
- Updated support for TinyMCE(5.10.2)
Adobe Commerce Platform Additional Enhancements
- Confirmed to be compatible with Elasticsearch 7.17 (~7.17.0 with constraint). Merchants hosting Adobe Commerce on-premises can use either Elasticsearch or OpenSearch 1.2.
- ElasticSearch 7.11 or later is not supported on Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 cloud-hosted deployments. OpenSearch is the default search engine for Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 cloud deployments.
The main focus of this release is to create a more perceivable, operable, understandable storefront experience. These enhancements include:
- Search results summary information is now announced to screen reader users.
- Screen readers are now informed when a new page view loads.
- Contrast and keyboard accessibility have been improved.
Reimplemented built-in modules with the GTag approach, including Google AdWords, Analytics, Optimizer, and TagManager, leveraging the former API for integration with Google services.
- Faster rebuilding of GraphQL schema.
- GraphQL schema rebuilding allows for faster page load speeds.
- Added capability in the GraphQL API to consume the expiration date/time of the authorization token through the use of JSON Web Tokens (JWT).
- Launch session cookies in GraphQL operations using class proxies only when needed.
- Removal of session usage from HTTP header processors in GraphQL such as the store, customer, or currency.
- Improved Page Builder 1.7.2 is now compatible with Magento OS and Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
- Columns are now exposed, allowing users to control storefront column settings.
- Column resizing now supports wrapping triggered by user actions.
- Apple Pay
- With Payment Services enabled, Apple Pay is now available, specifically on the product details page, mini cart, shopping cart, and checkout workflow.
- Merchants in Spain and Italy can now offer PayPal Pay Later to shoppers.
- Previews of the PayPal, Credit, and Pay Later buttons are now available in the Admin for the checkout, mini cart, cart, and product pages.
- Braintree has discontinued the KOUNT fraud protection integration and is removed from the Adobe Commerce codebase.
- The Always request 3DS option is available in the Admin.
- PWA studio v.12.5.x is compatible with Magento OS and Adobe Commerce 2.4.5
- Merchants can now track shopper behavior data collected on the PWA studio storefront.
- Merchants can now select and deploy any service from the admin of Google Tag Manager
Additional Adobe Commerce Enhancements
These updates only apply to Adobe Commerce and not Magento Open Source
- Including multiple bug fixes, Adobe has optimized the normalized database data that is needed to implement the Shared Catalogs feature. With this new feature, a boost in performance can be seen as the reduction in eSKU multiplication results in fewer database rows required to be stored.
- Adobe Commerce integration with Adobe IMS
- For those looking for a streamlined login experience, Adobe Commerce Merchants with an Adobe ID can integrate Commerce authentication with the Adobe IMS authentication workflow.
With these enhancements and hundreds of issues fixed, now is the time to upgrade your store to 2.4.5. Have questions about the improvements in version 2.4.5? Do you need help completing the upgrade on your Magento Open Source or Adobe Commerce site? Let us help your store stay up to date and secure! Let’s chat.